This project, by educating children from the youngest age, aims to eliminate barriers and stereotypes related to people with disabilities, as well as to change thinking and negative attitudes to disability.
Number of facilities equipped with ABC Empathy
Aims of the project:
- to show a world in which all children deserve the same treatment, regardless of the condition of their health
- to explain in children’s language various disabilities and diseases and the differences in everyday functioning that are associated with them
- to sensitise children to health conditions other than their own
- to shape positive attitudes among children and their parents
- to rpovide methodological support for teachers, educators and tutors, to equip them with useful educational materials
- to support parents and guardians by providing them with a tool for talking to children about these issuesl to establish long-term cooperation with organizations, foundations and associations operating in the field of disability
Wiktor Czepczyński on the creation of ‘ABC of Empathy
The project consists of the book ‘ABC of empathy, because we are all the same’ written by Wiktor Czepczyński, Żaneta Kupczyk and Katarzyna Muzyka-Jacheć. The book is a continuation of the adventures of Zosia and Max, already known to children from ‘The ABC of Economics’ adventure.
The characters – who are one year older and are now first graders – come across unexpected situations from which they learn important life lessons. They meet friends and colleagues who are dealing with disabilities and special needs. Forming new relationships and dealing with these new experiences teach our young heroes to be more empathetic and tolerant to others.
The ‘ABC of Empathy’ project fits perfectly into the educational policy of the Ministry of National Education for the current school year (2020/2021), which emphasizes the use of electronic materials and tools in the education process, as well as school educational activities (education of values, shaping attitudes and respecting social norms).