Artur Czepczyński’s original project aimed at promoting economic education for children – preschoolers (aged 5 and 6) and primary school students (grades 1-3).
Number of institutions equipped with the ABC Economy
- increasing the knowledge and skills of children and youth related to issues related to economics, finance and entrepreneurship
- methodological support for teachers and tutors and equipping them with valuable educational materials
- substantive and methodical support for parents who want to educate their children in the field of economics and finance
- acquiring partners from among representatives of the business world who want to support the implementation of the ABC-Economics project and promote economic education in society
- establishing fruitful and long-term cooperation between entrepreneurs and the governing body of educational institutions and the schools themselves
- inspiring the Ministry of National Education to modify and expand the content related to economic and financial education, included in the core curriculum of general education
The success of the ABC-Economics project made us realize how much public interest in economic education is, which has so far been relegated to the background in our education system.
Realizing how important issues in the field of economics and finance should play in educating new generations, we decided to go a step further in our educational activities.
As part of the project, a book entitled “ABC Economy the first steps in the world of finance” dedicated to preschoolers (5- and 6-year-olds) and students from classes I-III. Its authors are Wiktor Czepczyński and Żaneta Kupczyk.
The book contains 12 stories, each of which deals with a different issue from the world of economics and finance. Children, together with the main characters – Zosia and Maks, will learn answers to bothering questions, such as what is money, where does it come from and why not from an ATM? Why do we work and what kind of job can you have? What is a household budget, what does it mean to save, or who is a volunteer?